Thursday, 22nd October 2020 (7 pm) to Sunday, 25th October 2020 (4 pm).
£295 per person.
Course contents – 2020
- Our course will be led by our expert tutors, Penelope Roskell and Warren Mailley-Smith. We may also be joined by Lefki Karpodini, Sanae Nakajima and Nicholas Moloney, depending on numbers of participants.
- Three masterclasses with our tutors in groups of about four with 25-30 minutes contact time for each participant
- Two one-hour individual piano lessons with two different tutors. It is possible that individual lessons may be time-tabled in the week prior to the course, to suit tutors and participants
- There may the the opportunity to book additional one hour lessons at a cost of £60/lesson
- Two one hour yoga sessions with Izzy Ixer, where Izzy will work with you on body awareness and areas of tension when at the piano.
- An talk by Chris Norman of 1066 pianos. Chris is going to give an informal talk about repairing, renovating and caring for pianos, and there will be time to ask questions.
- A talk by Colin Hazel, a professional musician who has put together a number of interesting compilations of pieces by women composers.
- The opportunity to take part in 3 concerts, where participants will play live (not submit recordings). The performance opportunities will be relaxed and supportive, and there will be no pressure to perform unless you wish to do so.
- The opportunity to chat and socialise in small groups, and to share time together at mealtimes, if desired
- There will be a technical session before the course to make sure that everyone is comfortable with using Zoom and the placement of your camera etc. You will not need to buy any software or licences.