Thursday, 2nd April 2020 (5 pm) to Sunday, 5th April 2020 (5pm).
£495 per person to include all tuition, full board and accommodation in the Royal Hospital School, Holbrook, Suffolk.
All bedrooms are single rooms on the school site. We will not know until nearer the event whether there are any en-suite rooms, because this depends on which boarding house we are allocated. Usually there are only shared shower and toilet facilities.
Course contents – 2020
- Three half-day masterclasses led by our expert tutors, Penelope Roskell , Warren Mailley-Smith, Lefki Karpodini, Sanae Nakajima and Nicholas Moloney. Each student will have a half-hour tuition session during each masterclass. This year Penelope and Warren will be sharing one of the tutor positions, doing one day each.
- A total of two hours individual piano lessons, with our tutors.
- One hour yoga session with Izzy Ixer, where Izzy will work with you on body awareness and areas of tension when at the piano. She will advise on ways in which yoga can help performance and pre-performance nerves.
- An opportunity to meet Chris Norman of 1066 pianos. Chris is going to give an informal talk about repairing, renovating and caring for pianos, and there will be time to ask questions.
- The opportunity to perform at informal concerts on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evening and on Sunday afternoon. The performance opportunities will be relaxed and supportive, and there will be no pressure to perform unless you wish to do so.
- The opportunity to play piano duets with other course participants, if you wish.
- There are plenty of practice rooms that will be available for your use every day in the purpose-built music school. Some practice rooms have acoustic pianos, and some have electric pianos. Practice time on the best pianos is bookable in advance, and we strive to give everyone a fair share of the practice time available. There are plenty of practice rooms available.